English For Tourism And Restaurants - Book 1
English for Tourism and Restaurants is specially written for those who want to enter the tourism industry or the restaurant industry. As an employee, you should speak and behave in a very polite way. By studying this book, you will improve your English for these professional fields.
This book will help you:
- Get familiar with the tourism and restaurant industries through over 100 dialogs about various kinds of situations.
- Learn the essential grammar through simple sentences and clear charts.
- Enrich your vocabulary by studying the "Words and Phrases," "Word Power," and "Phrase Focus" sections.
- Strengthen your listening comprehension by doing lots of listening training.
- Improve your speaking skills by frequently doing the Pair Work.
- Deepen your understanding of English for the service industry by doing the large number of exercises.
- Understand certain English items by referring to a great number of colorful pictures.
1. Pronunciation and Intonation
2. Greetings and Self-Introduction
3. Cardinal Numbers
4. Cardinal Numbers and Ordinal Numbers
5. Offering Apologies
6. Offering Polite Refusals and Saying Thanks
7. Expressions of Time
8. Expressions of Dates
Review Test: Lesson 1-8
9. Giving Locations Inside a Building
10. Giving Directions in a City
11. Giving Information About the Weather: Four Seasons
12. Giving Information About the Weather: Bad Weather Conditions
13. Front Desk: Booking Rooms
14. Front Desk: Checking In
15. Front Desk: Mail, Faxes, and Internet Service
16. Front Desk: Depositing Items; Lost and Found
Review Test: Lesson 9-16
17. Front Desk: Morning Calls and Laundry Service
18. Front Desk: Transportation Services
19. Housekeeping: Supplying Medicine
20. Room Service: Supplying Items
21. Elevator Service
22. Taking Phone Calls
23. Front Desk: Messages
24. Making International Phone Calls
25. Receiving Guests in a Restaurant: Welcoming and Seating the Guests
26. Receiving Guests in a Restaurant: Asking the Guests to Wait or Share a Table
27. Room Service: Taking Orders for Drinks and Breakfast
Review Test: Lesson 19-27
28. Room Service: Taking Orders for Lunch and Dinner
29. Room Service: Explaining an Order and Delivering a Meal to a Room
30. Preparing Vegetables
31. Preparing Salad and Vegetables
32. Preparing and Cooking Meat (1)
33. Preparing and Cooking Meat (2)
34. Learning About a Menu (1)
35. Learning About a Menu (2)
36. Learning About a Menu (3)
Review Test: Lesson 28-36.